Friday, January 13, 2012

Ladies Night

We decided to have a ladies only night where we primped and pampered ourselves in anticipation for the pioneer meeting today and the Circuit Assembly this weekend.  It will be the first English Assembly ever in Nicaragua. We’re all super excited!  So we soaked our feet, gave makeup consultations, painted our toes and fingernails, and some even received hair services.  Our in house DJ Briana supplied bachata , salsa and mambo hits.  It was a blast.  We finished off the night with songs from Shelina, a master guitarist who sings like an angel.  She played #60 and #86 from the new songbook as well as some contemporary favorites that only require 4 chords such as “Blue Moon”, “Heart & Soul” and every other song from the 50s.  Jamiliah picked her way through an alternative rock song.  I murdered “Conquest” by the White Stripes and they begged for me to stop trying to get the chords right.  Meanwhile Bree relaxed in Nicaraguan bliss. 






1 comment:

  1. Looks like you guys are having lots of fun already.. I really like the experience earlier about Bree witnessing to the man.. you go grl! Lol... however, I must say I do suddenly feel quite bored now that I see all the excitement there! :(.
    Like the make up jamiliah grl! Don't think I've ever seen you wear it.
    Cute blog alana. Keep us posted

    ReplyDelete